August 12, 2009: 12 months 1 week old

So, since Silas turned one he hasn't been doing too much besides trying to figure out how to run. He walks almost all of the time now and will occasionally run. Eric and I took him to Ikea and then to the mall on Sunday and he got to play on the big foam playground in the mall for the first time ever. He really loved it. I have been in a training for a new part-time job (about 1 day a month) full time this week and Silas has been with a babysitter and Eric while I am there. He has been doing great without me and seems to not notice too much that I haven't been around. I know it's a good thing, though it is a little sad for me. Still, Silas is such an independent little boy, it's not surprising and I'm glad he is having so much fun.

Silas's first trip to the 'squishy mall playground'

Silas's first trip to the 'squishy mall playground'

1 comment:

ariel said...

I also think it's great that he's okay when you leave- that, to me, just implies that he is secure, that he knows you really love him, and that he trusts you to come back. You are doing a good job, keeping the baby stable!